*EXPIRED* Avalon Mekong River Cruise, Solo Traveller Special
*This deal has now expired. Please feel free to contact me regarding similar deals*
From $7,899*Make an enquiry
- Return economy class airfares ex Australia
- Air taxes
- 3 nights accommodation pre cruise in Siem Reap
- Deluxe 7 night Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh City cruise in a Single Mekong Deck Category B Cabin with Avalon
- No single supplement
- Onboard welcome reception
- All meals onboard
- Sightseeing as per itinerary - all included guided sightseeing is conducted by a certified local guide
- Daily cocktail hour featuring cocktail of the day and canapes
- Complimentary wine, local beer/spirits, and soft drinks with all dinners on board
- Complimentary coffee, tea, soft drinks, local beer/spirits on board throughout the day
- Audio headsets on all shore excursions
- Bottled water on all shore excursions
- Fresh fruit and refreshing drink after all shore excursions
- Special experiences by local entertainers, artisans, and experts, designed to enrich your experience.
On this unique and inspiring river cruise through Cambodia and Vietnam, you’ll be immersed in the cultures and ancient traditions as you sightsee and spend time with locals in the most fascinating places along the mighty Mekong River. Your adventure begins in fascinating Siem Reap, Cambodia, where you’ll get up close to the phenomenal Temples of Angkor with an intricacy and architectural grandeur unmatched in the world. See the splendor of the Bayon temple featuring some 200 mysterious faces carved in its many towers. Enjoy an inspiring Aspara dance performance and tour the other gems of the city before embarking on your river cruise.
Immerse yourself in the local culture on an ox cart ride amongst rice paddy fields and witness the daily lives of farmers. In the capital of Cambodia, Phnom Penh, tour the National Museum and Royal Palace with its striking Silver Pagoda. On a hilltop at the site of the 8th-century temple of Wat Hanchey, take in the stunning views before walking through the rural village of Angkor Ban to visit welcoming school children. Continue your cruise into Vietnam and visit a colorful market, the home of a local family making handcrafted sampans, and a workshop to learn how rice wine and traditional candies are made. This memorable river cruise holiday concludes in the bustling Ho Chi Minh City which combines historic architecture with modern skyscrapers. See the famous landmarks and try your hand in the kitchen—Vietnamese-style, with a cooking class. Go back in time with an excursion to the Cu Chi Tunnels where you’ll have an opportunity to walk through a section of the immense underground tunnel system used extensively during the Vietnam War.
Valid for travel 17 Sep 2018 - until 29 Sep 2018.
Terms & Conditions
*Prices are per person, based on single share, in Australian dollars including taxes, fees and port expenses (if applicable), and therefore subject to change. Subject to availability. All prices quoted are for the cruise departing on 17 September 2018 in a Category B Single Avalon Suite. Prices for alternative departure dates may vary. Visit Avalon Website for full T&C’s
'Hot deals' are compiled from information provided to us by selected suppliers, and prices are indicative only. MTA cannot guarantee availability for your preferred travel dates or at the prices shown. Prices may differ to those displayed on this website at the time you make a booking. Please contact your MTA Travel Expert, who can provide you with current accurate information regarding, availability, applicable prices, fees, taxes and charges, and any other terms and conditions which may include blackout dates or seasonal surcharges. Hot deals may be withdrawn at any time and prices based on foreign currency are subject to fluctuation.