Kangaroo Island Wilderness Trail Fire Recovery Experience
Make an enquiry
From $2,294 per person*
- 4 nights private ensuite accommodation, or cabin, or comfortable glamping with above ground bedding , furniture and comforts, plus 1000 thread count sheets, a duck feather & bed pillows, Stylish throw rugs & pillows
- 4 breakfasts, 5 lunches & 4 dinners
- Guided Kangaroo Island Wilderness Trail Fire Recovery Experience plus spirits, winery and tasting local produce. Optional dolphin swim
- Big Heart Adventures ioMerino hiking top and head sock
- Big Heart Adventures trip specific training sessions and or program
- Big Heart Adventures discount card for pre-departure purchases at Scouts Outdoor Centre (15% off)
- Big Heart Adventures journal
- Comfortable private transport for the duration of the fire recovery experience tour
- Return ferry journey to and from Kangaroo Island
- All meals and snacks as mentioned on the itinerary inc gourmet grazing platters and 2 course dinners nightly
- Professionally led walks by our leaders qualified in Bushwalking Leadership and Remote Area First Aid
- Winery and spirit tastings
- Cafe style celebration lunch
- Group First Aid kit and emergency communication device
- National Park entry fees
- A charity contribution to our Give Back program
In this fully supported adventure, walk with daypacks along all 5 sections of the modified Kangaroo Island Wilderness Trail. Witness and feel the regrowth and rebirth in varying ecosystems from woodlands and mallee scrub to the fragile coastal dune systems.
The trail can only be completed with a commercial tour operator during the recovery period, this is an opportunity to walk the trail in a safe and sustainable small group experience.
Your leader will help to guide and navigate through the undefined sections of trail and take care of all the detail, so you can relax and absorb the ever-changing surroundings.
Bring your comfortable walking boots and an open heart for this unique and iconic recovering Island Trail.
Valid for travel 09 Jun 2021 - until 13 Jun 2021.
Terms & Conditions
*Price is per person, based on twin share for travel departing 9 June 2021. Limited single accommodation is available supplement is $500 per person – please request this when booking. Package is subject to availability. Tour will require a minimum of 4 passengers to depart. A good level of fitness is required to walk on the trails on this trip Valid for new bookings only, not combinable with any other offer. Whilst all information is correct at the time of publication, offers are subject to change. Valid for sale until 31 May 2021 or until sold out. For full terms and conditions, contact your MTA Travel Expert.
'Hot deals' are compiled from information provided to us by selected suppliers, and prices are indicative only. MTA cannot guarantee availability for your preferred travel dates or at the prices shown. Prices may differ to those displayed on this website at the time you make a booking. Please contact your MTA Travel Expert, who can provide you with current accurate information regarding, availability, applicable prices, fees, taxes and charges, and any other terms and conditions which may include blackout dates or seasonal surcharges. Hot deals may be withdrawn at any time and prices based on foreign currency are subject to fluctuation.